Monday, May 28, 2007
Almost like I know what I am doing!
The title refers to today's run, but let me just rewind a bit to Sunday's ride. I downloaded my Garmin and it claims that we did over 11000 ft of climbing on Saturday and that was in the first 50 miles of the ride (the last 20+ miles were basically all down hill). I tend to believe the Garmin and it did feel like that much climbing but I never dreamed that I could actually do that much climbing. Also, as much as I hate climbing, West Alpine and Kings Mountain are 2 of the most beautiful stretches of rides that I have ever done.
Now, back to the running. As I mentioned before, I kind of let my running fall behind a bit and decided that I should slowly ramp it back up to avoid an overuse injury. To do that I added several shorter runs (4-6 miles) to my training week to try to build back my base. They felt kind of difficult and uncomfortable but I knew that would pass. Today I went out for an 8 miler and felt great! I easily could have gone 2-4 miles further but decided not to risk injury. I am starting to feel that all of the time I spent reorganizing my training over the last few weeks is staring to pay off. I am feeling more focused and more motivated. I really expect to see some real progress over the next 4 weeks which is good since the race is 13 weeks from yesterday!!!!
Now, back to the running. As I mentioned before, I kind of let my running fall behind a bit and decided that I should slowly ramp it back up to avoid an overuse injury. To do that I added several shorter runs (4-6 miles) to my training week to try to build back my base. They felt kind of difficult and uncomfortable but I knew that would pass. Today I went out for an 8 miler and felt great! I easily could have gone 2-4 miles further but decided not to risk injury. I am starting to feel that all of the time I spent reorganizing my training over the last few weeks is staring to pay off. I am feeling more focused and more motivated. I really expect to see some real progress over the next 4 weeks which is good since the race is 13 weeks from yesterday!!!!
Comments:
<< Home
You are going to LOVE Canada....the course is tough but beautiful! Good job on the longer run. I am much older than you, and have to really space my longer runs also to avoid injury....but as long as you are getting SOME in you will be fine!
And hey, no need to be apologetic about my name- I DO answer to "FEY-Lady!" :-)
Post a Comment
And hey, no need to be apologetic about my name- I DO answer to "FEY-Lady!" :-)
<< Home
